Job Title: HSF SE&I Engineering Lead, NASA Support
Job ID: #415
Omitron is seeking a Project Manager to lead a multi-disciplinary Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) team on the Flight Dynamics Support Services III (FDSS-III) contract for NASA’s Human Space Flight (HSF) Communications Network. FDSS-III supports NASA’s human space flight missions, including the International Space Station, SpaceX, Starliner, Orion, Soyuz and the Moon-to-Mars effort with Gateway, Artemis, and more!
Specific areas of support will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide overall project management for the HSF SE&I team including technical, schedule, cost, quality, and resource management
- Plan and forecast annual budgets; identify variances and mitigation plans; report financial status to customer and program management
- Develop and maintain project schedules
- Ensure task and projects are on schedule and within budget
- Assure task deliverables are of the highest quality and are a product of strict adherence to NASA and industry standards as outlined in the NASA Systems Engineering Handbook and adhering to CMMI Level-3 standards
- Develop technical staff through effective personnel management
- Manage a multi contractor team that is geographically dispersed
- Evaluate and regularly communicate staff performance, support career development
- Identify current or future skill gaps; establish plans to address them
- Hire additional staff, when needed
- Work closely with supported customers including HSF Network Director, NASA Branch Management, and spacecraft projects, as needed
- Ensure expectations are clearly captured, always met, and frequently exceeded
- Routinely confirm satisfaction with team performance and mitigate all issues
- Develop overall technical direction and vision
- Collaborate and communicate with other managers and program management
- Determine needs and allocate resources to deliver on Customer commitment
- Identify opportunities for technical or business process improvement
- Recognize and pursue opportunities to grow the project and/or team
- Interface with support staff such as HR, Finance, Contracts as needed
Some travel may be required.
- Ability to identify and implement strategic change though establishing and implementing a team vision
- Demonstrated ability to lead people toward meeting identified vision and goals by establishing an environment that fosters team and personnel development, and facilitates cooperation and teamwork
- Establish relationships with supported customers to maintain customer satisfaction and lead to additional work opportunities
- Create and maintain detailed project schedules
- Communicate direction and concepts at multiple levels, from junior engineers to senior managers and NASA customers, including both technical and non-technical audiences
- Creative thinking and effective problem solving through innovative solutions to complex technical and business problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in or managing a Systems Engineering and Integration team
- Experience with NASA’s Communication Network
- Experience with Atlassian Tools (Confluence / Jira)
- Experience with financial management of a project
10+ years professional experience. A Master’s degree counts as 2 years professional experience
Bachelor’s degree in related field; work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Security Clearance and Other Requirements
- Must be eligible to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.US citizenship required /EEO/AA/E-Verify Participation
For compliance with new Executive Order 14042 regarding Government Contractors, you may be required to provide documentation of Full Coronavirus Vaccination Status to Omitron, and to the designated personnel of the subcontracting, contracting and/or federal officials.
Omitron is an Aerospace Engineering and Information Technology small business firm headquartered in Beltsville, Maryland with a regional office located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Since 1984, Omitron has provided excellence in engineering services and product development to government and industry customers for both civilian and military aerospace programs.
Omitron recognizes that outstanding people are the key to our success. Our goal is to select highly qualified and motivated individuals and provide them an environment necessary to stimulate and nurture engineering and business objectives. Omitron offers its employees competitive salaries, a full benefits package, and excellent career growth opportunities. We welcome all talented professionals who wish to take advantage of the opportunities we offer.
Omitron is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees