Job ID: #439
Omitron is seeking a Configuration Manager to support the GOES-R Ground Systems Engineering Project. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) operates a system of Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellites (GOES). GOES-R satellites provide critical atmospheric, oceanic, climatic, and solar products supporting weather forecasting and warnings, climatologic analysis and prediction, ecosystems managements, and safe and efficient public and private transportation. The GOES-R satellites also provide platforms for space environmental observations and communication links for remote data collection, satellite aided search and rescue, and other data services.
This position will be responsible for the Configuration Management of the GOES-R Ground project that relates to detailed recording and updating of configuration information that describes software applications, computer systems and networks, including all hardware and software components. Typically, this would include the versions and updates that have been applied to software builds, installed software packages and the locations and network addresses to hardware devices and other aspects as they relate to the product lifecycle management tools and capabilities.
The principal responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Perform as the primary Configuration Management Administrator for a large government contract that directly support Clear Case and Clear Quest application and administration.
- Maintain smooth operation of operational CM Systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
- Support multiple networks as a technical expert for Clear Case and Clear Quest concerning migration, updates, technical troubleshooting VOB, views and other compatibility issues related to server, workstation and SQL data cases changes and updates. Ensure necessary administration tasks are completed; direct others as necessary.
- Analyze internal or external customer requirements and determine equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems.
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
- Provide backup and recovery services; manage file systems and disk space; manage virus protection on a routine basis.
- Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
- Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
- Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
- Prepare security documentation for input to Computer Security.
- Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
- Support implementing and maintaining hardware and software asset management system using Opmantek Open Audit.
- Must have knowledge of PERL, Python scripting, and Active Directory.
- Must be able to adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
- Must be able to interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
- Must be able to make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, system components.
- Experience in the maintenance and upgrade of CM tools, specifically ClearCase and ClearQuest in LINUX/UNIX and Windows.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and demonstrated analytical skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel.
- Ability to work independently but also as a team player in a fast-paced environment and interface successfully with Project personnel and technical leads as well as personnel at varying levels of management.
- Individual must have strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to manage time and meet the many reporting deadlines.
- Ability to follow specific directions and ask questions as needed.
- Individual must meet government NAC and citizenship/permanent residency requirements for access to NASA GSFC. Extensive background investigation will be performed as a requirement of the job.
- Experience and knowledge of Clear Case and Clear Quest applications.
- Prior experience as a government contractor preferred.
- At least 7 years or more of experience with building scripts and installer tools as well as knowledge in Software development methodologies, design, and implementation.
A Bachelor’s Degree in the disciplinary area of Computer Science, computer engineer, or management of information technology.
Security Clearance and Other Requirements:
Must be a US Citizen and be able to pass a background investigation to obtain a National Agency Check (NAC) security badge to enter the applicable government facility.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. You may be required to provide documentation of Full Coronavirus Vaccination Status to Omitron, and to the designated personnel of the subcontracting, contracting and/or federal officials.
Omitron is an Aerospace Engineering and Information Technology small business firm headquartered in Beltsville, Maryland with a field office located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Since 1984 Omitron has provided excellence in engineering services and product development to government and industry customers for both civilian and military aerospace programs.
Omitron recognizes that outstanding people are the key to our success. Our goal is to select highly qualified and motivated individuals and provide them an environment necessary to stimulate and nurture engineering and business objectives. Omitron offers its employees competitive salaries, a full benefits package, and excellent career growth opportunities. We welcome talented professionals who wish to take advantage of the opportunities we offer.
Omitron is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. We strongly encourage women, persons of color, persons with disabilities and veterans to apply. E-Verify Participation/ EEO/AA